Thursday, January 11, 2007

New to Pringles

Hi, I am an 8th grade science teacher in Rhode Island and I have never participated in Pringles Challenge before. I have a few questions. First, is there any recognition or awards at the end of the challenge...I ask because the students will ask me...not that I feel an award is necessary....Second, does anyone have instructional materials they are willing to share or good web links that you can suggest.....I'm kind of not sure where to start.

Thanks!
Michelle

2 comments:

Cool kids said...

What school do you teach in Rhode Island. Because I live there. But teach in Randolph MA. This is also my first time doing the Pringels Challenge.

Ms.Lynch

Mr. Lindgren said...

The "rewards" part is up to you. One of the first things I did was change "Pringles Contest" to "Pringles Challenge." The first time I participated there were a series of prizes, basically because the woman who did it had grant money. I didn't want to do that for three reasons. First, some schools only have 4 participating, while others have over 100. Second, there is no control over the scoring. Finally, if you look at the schools they range from elementary to high school. That's too great a spread of abilities. Hope this helps.

Charlie