Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome!

The Challenge page had almost 500 hits yesterday! It could be a very exciting year. I'm using a new background map this year. The outlines for the states are barely visible, but the topographic features are modified. I hope you like it. The success of this project is based on your participation. Please only sign up if you know you will follow through and send the packages. If for any reason you find it necessary to not participate, let me know as soon as possible. There is nothing more disappointing than having a school send out packages not not receive a reply.

Please use this forum for any questions, comments, ideas! It will be my way of communicating with you, so please check in at least once a week to see what's happening.

Welcome, one and all. Enjoy!

Clear Skies,

Charlie Lindgren

6 comments:

Todd Williamson said...

We have nearly 200 students here in coastal North Carolina that are very excited about the possibilities here. Several even mentioned mailing chips to themselves to see how it worked in town!! Thanks for coordinating this Charlie!

2teachmath said...

My students here on the coast of North Carolina are so excited too! We decided yesterday we would take the challenge and today I have so many designs already created. This is an awesome hands-on activity for the students.

Janet Smith said...

My students have had some great ideas too! I do have a question though. Some of my students were asking if they were allowed to use a small lunchbox Pringles chip container. I told them no since it was made by Pringles. What do you think?

Mr. Lindgren said...

Janet,
A lot of students use the Pringles lunch box. I don't have a problem with it. They are still running the risk that it might not transport well through the mail.

Charlie

ThompsE said...

I am doing this activity with my fifth grade gifted students. They are beyond excited and they too have decided that we should send "practice chips" to ourselves. It was nice to see the scores from last year. We spend the afternoon figuring out what we thought a "perfect" score would be given the requirements. We were way high. They will be happy to hear that. Is it possible to adjust the number of packages we wish to send? Thanks for organizing this!

Mr. Lindgren said...

No problem. Just send me the new number.

Charlie